R.O.C. Visas in Foreign Passports
New Practice of ROC Visa Application for Foreign Visitors
Visa applicants need first to access the website: https://visawebapp.boca.gov.tw, fill out the visa application forms online and print them out. The completed forms and other required documents ought to be submitted to MOFA or ROC's overseas missions.
Before applying for a Visa to enter Taiwan for Mandarin study, please read the following illustrations carefully. Please kindly note that the Letter of Admission issued by the CLC does not guarantee one’s obtaining a Visitor/Resident Visa or a Resident Visa changing from Visitor Visa.
| Visa Type
|| Enter Before
| Duration of Stay
|| Entries: Single or Multiple
| Visa Number
The duration of the visa and length of stay, the number of entries, the purposes, the application requirements, the required documents, and other related items regarding the aforementioned types of visas are stipulated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
||When processing visa applications, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and ROC overseas missions shall take into consideration the national interest, the individual status of applicants, and the relations between the resident countries of the applicants and the ROC. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and ROC overseas missions may refuse to issue visas to a foreign passport holder who:
- has a criminal record within or outside the ROC, or has been denied entry, ordered to leave or deported by the ROC government.
- has entered the ROC illegally.
- has a contagious disease, mental illness or other diseases, which may be detrimental to public health or social order.
- has made a false statement or withheld a fact relating to the purpose of entry into the ROC as declared on the visa application.
- has overstayed a visitor or resident visa or worked illegally in the ROC.
- is believed through convincing evidence to lack financial support or intends to engage in unauthorized employment in the ROC.
- is in possession of a foreign passport that is not recognized by the ROC government, or whose foreign status is not recognized by the ROC government.
- is in possession of a foreign passport that has expired or that if lost, cannot be reissued or extended.
- is in possession of a foreign passport or other travel document that was illegally obtained, forged or tampered with.
- is believed through convincing evidence to be intending to evade laws in order to come to the ROC.
- is suspected of engaging in terrorist activities.
- is believed through convincing evidence to be detrimental to the national interest, public safety, public order, or the morals of the ROC.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and ROC overseas missions are not required to give any reason to a visa applicant for refusal based on any of the above stipulations.
For more visa information, please consult with the following website,
Bureau of Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs ( Taiwan )
- Address：3~5 Fl., 2-2 Chi-Nan Rd., Sec. 1, Taipei , Taiwan, ROC (Office Location)
- Office Hour：Monday-Friday 08：30—17：00 (No Lunch break)
- Visa Inquiry：886-2-2343-2885, 886-2-2343-2895 (12:30~13:30Lunchbreak)
- Visa Fax No.：886-2-2343-2883, 886-2-2343-2893
National Immigration Agency, Taipei City Office
National Immigration Agency, Taipei County Office
- Address：No. 168, Min Tzu Road, PanChiao City (Office Location)
- Office Hour：Monday-Friday 08:00-17:30
- Tel No.：02-89647960、02-89646937、02-89648463、
- Fax No.：02-89647208
Information for Foreigners